Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Meme

From Kris at Garden Variety
There are two of us writing this blog and we have answered together.
The rules:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Jill was a teacher-librarian at an outer suburban high school. Still basically enjoying it but the cracks were beginning to appear. Glen was running an antiques shop in a country town near Brisbane.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world (and in this world as well):
Chocolate eclairs, cheese on plain cracker biscuits, Schulte's Mettwurst and liverwurst, cashew nuts, berry fruits.

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:
See above.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Travel the trans-Siberian railway first-class, look after my family, find an ordinary nearby family to sponsor anonymously, tithe, sponsor organic farming, invest in cheap accommodation to benefit the needy.

Five jobs that I have had:
Teacher, teacher-librarian, antiques dealer, author, lecturer, housewife.

Three of my habits:
Can never push a drawer completely closed, pull out a particular noxious creeper in other people's gardens and public places, wash feet before going to bed.

Five places I have lived:
Upper Tent Hill, Brisbane, Gympie, Goondiwindi, Toowoomba, Hamilton

Five things to do today:
Sort, pack, read, entertain and put the grandchildren to bed.

Five people I want to get to know more about:
The Peak Oil man who is going to live in the Czech Republic to prepare for the oil crunch. He believes they will cope better there. Does he know the language and how will cope as an outsider in such a different culure?

Is Mrs Kneale, the butcher's wife, still alive?

None of my friends, because I know as much as they have wanted to tell me.

My (Jill's) grandmother, Agnes, as a child and young woman. She was very good at editing her life story. My (Glen's) grandfather who migrated from the remote north-eastern corner of the German Empire in the late 19th century. Good thing he did, too, or he could have met with the same fate as most of the inhabitants of this area at the end of WWII. What prompted him to migrate to Australia?

My great-grandmother, Isabella Jane, who lived on the gold fields in Victoria and NSW.

We don't have any blog friends so can't really pass it on.

No comments: