Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Welcome


Hello! Or as our friend on the above photo would say,"Ciao!"
He was a permanent resident at our rural accommodation in Umbria, Italy, a few years ago. He, together with his partner, aimed to give an appropriate welcome to the visitors.
This is Grace Hill. Remember in Shakespeare's play, Romeo and Juliet, Juliet asked, "What's in a name?" I'll tell you.
"Now that we've organized our Blog," said my wife, "What shall we call it?"
I was born in a location called Tent Hill (Upper Tent Hill, actually. Lower Tent Hill was further down the creek) so I suggested New Tent Hill.
"But this is our Blog and that's where you came from. I came from Graceville, so why not call it New Graceville?"
Our sensitive son was looking on and quickly interrupted and suggested, "Why not combine them?"
And so the two became one flesh - Grace Hill was conceived to the sounds of mutual endorsement.
"Grace" has a religious ring about it. That's fine.
"Hill" sounds very landscapey and will allow me to legitimately reminisce about here and there.
So Welcome to Grace Hill; Willkommen in Grace Hill; Benvenuto a Grace Hill. Or whatever.

No comments: